FORT BURT HOTEL
 

During 17th Century, this Fort was built by the Dutch to provide optimum defense for Tortola's main port.  Fort Burt was the first of many forts to be built around surrounding hillside.  In 1776, the fort was rebuilt by the English.  Named after William Burt, Governor of the Leeward Islands,this site is now Fort Burt Hoteland Restaurant.
In 1953, Commander Christopher Hammersley and his entertainer wife built the first hotel on Tortola. This small cottage type building, was named Fort Burt Hotel.  Fort Burt Hotel was then reconstructed by Paulina Dupont Stewartt in 1967, to an elegant facility of 7 rooms, suite, pool, restaurant and conference facility.

In 1996, The Roosevelt Smith Company, realized the need for additional services and modernization upgraded the accomadations while maintaining the historical character of the site.   The Dutch built historic Hotel has been restored to it’s place in Virgin Islands’ Tourism and History.  The enhanced and majestic Fort has mostly been preserved for many future visitors to enjoy.   The expanded hotel embraces the rustic past.  Located in the heart of the capital,  this Hotel now has luxury suites.  The grand suites include private pools with romantic near roof top views of the Road Habour.



 

Tel: 1284494-2587

email: info@FortBurt.com